WordPress websites are highly regarded as one of the most powerful web platforms worldwide, powering thousands of businesses large and small – and even some government websites. WordPress is also known for being one of the most SEO-friendly website platforms as well, WordPress users are able to search engine optimize their websites with a number of powerful, yet user-friendly, plugins.
What are the Best WordPress SEO Plugins?
The best SEO plugin for WordPress is a hot-topic for debate amongst web developers, designers, and search engine optimization specialists. Not all WordPress SEO plugins are created equal, and some boast a wider range of features than their counterparts. Here are some of the most widely used and top-rated SEO plugins for WordPress:
A WordPress SEO plugin of exceptional quality, Yoast has been downloaded over five million times worldwide. One of the most popular and user-friendly SEO plugins for WordPress, Yoast is always updated to work with Google’s ever-changing algorithms. Some of the key functions of Yoast are:
- Warns you when your most important pages of content haven’t been updated for six months.
- Provides an easy to use visual analysis of your content, letting you know what is optimized well and what could use tweaking.
- Analyzes the readability of your content and provides a Flesch Reading Ease score.
- Shows the 5 most often used words or phrases in your content to check if they match your selected keywords and phrases.
All in One SEO Pack
The complete suite of SEO backend tools. All in One SEO Pack. Though clunky at times, it features sitemap support, Google Analytics support, and advanced canonical URLs are set by default. Features that make this plugin a great choice:
- The premium version comes with incredible customer support.
- Sitemaps are automatically sent to Google.
- It works for beginner and advanced users.
The SEO Framework
Utilizing AI, The SEO Framework is a “smart” SEO tool for WordPress users. Some of the functions of the plugin include:
- Automatic page optimization, using AI technology.
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google, Yandex, and Bing of any websites changes with the built-in sitemap.
- Makes it easy to integrate your site with Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Utilizes strict canonical URLs, which help to prevent duplicate content.
Not only an SEO tool but a powerful WordPress plugin that boasts a wide variety of features like downtime monitoring and automated daily backups of your site. Some of the SEO tools that come with Jetpack include:
- SEO preview tool so you can see what your posts will look like on search engines.
- Allows users to set custom title formats for different sections of their websites.
- Easy creation of front page meta descriptions.
- Allows for custom meta descriptions on blog posts.
A fast, powerful, and hugely popular WordPress SEO plugin, SEOpress is stacked with features that allow users to fully optimize their site, including:
- Making it easy to build a custom XML sitemap.
- Allowing for custom titles with dynamic variables.
- Providing Google Analytics stats in the user dashboard.
- Scanning your content to find any broken links.
Will a WordPress SEO Plugin Help Rank My Site?
If you’re looking to skyrocket your SEO, adding a WordPress SEO plugin is integral to your overall SEO strategy. From optimizing the content on each one of your blog posts to fully (and correctly) utilizing XML sitemaps, a quality SEO plugin for WordPress will set your website on the right path towards those coveted top-ranking search engine positions.
If you need help with your optimizing your WordPress website, reach out to one of the WordPress specialists on our team! Our goal is your success.